Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Please read these conditions carefully. In making a booking you warrant that you are 21 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Terms Your contract will be with “the Company”, Rosneath Castle Park (Co. Reg. No. SC165445), the owner of the accommodation. The contract is subject to Scottish law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts within England and Wales. All terms are either per week (Saturday to Saturday) or per short break (start date Monday or Friday) for the accommodation as equipped and described.
3. The usual check-in time is 3.00pm (subject to unavoidable delays). We ask that you vacate your accommodation by 10.00am on your day of departure. Guests arriving early are welcome to check in and enjoy the Park facilities until their accommodation is ready. If you expect to arrive after 6.00pm please let the Park know to arrange key collection. For non-arrivals unless the Park is previously notified, accommodation unclaimed by 12.00pm on the day following your holiday start date will be treated as a cancelled booking and the accommodation may be re-let. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
4. Our prices and charges shown are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We reserve the right to amend the VAT element of our pricing in the event of any government changes in VAT. Additional supplements may apply such as cots, pets etc. We guarantee that once you have made your booking and paid a deposit we will not increase your holiday price unless you make a change to your booking.
5. We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochure or on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. The terms and conditions for bookings may change from time to time. Please check at the time of booking.
6. Making a Booking - Conditions of Booking
The Holiday Contract
• The person who books the holiday by telephone, Internet or travel agent will be accepting the booking conditions on behalf of the holiday party. A contract between you and Rosneath Castle Park will come into existence. • If you have made your booking by telephone. We will tell you on the telephone and give you a booking reference number. • If you have booked online over the Internet. We will tell you over the Internet that your booking is confirmed by giving a booking reference number. You will also receive emails confirming your reservation, payment success and completion of your booking. • The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking. • We reserve the right to decline or terminate the booking of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes or may interfere with the general comfort of other guests. In this event no refunds will be made. • We are unable to accept large group bookings without prior permission from the parks general manager.
Use of your holiday home
• Only those people listed on the booking can occupy your accommodation and use the facilities of the Park. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking will be terminated and you will be asked to leave, with no refund made. • As per government legislation it is illegal to smoke inside enclosed public buildings in England, Wales and Scotland. Outside smoking areas will be provided. All our accommodation is non-smoking but we cannot guarantee smoke free accommodation, or any holiday home to be allergy free.
7. Number in Your Party The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us.
8. Payment when you book you must pay the applicable deposit requested. Payment can be made in full or by deposit to secure your holiday booking.
Deposits will only be taken up to 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday. Full balance payment for your holiday is due no later than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A balance reminder will be sent to you 10 weeks prior to payment due. Please keep your final confirmation safe as you must present this on arrival at your Park. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation. Bookings made within 8 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full at the time of booking. If a cheque is returned “unpaid” by the bank we will make a charge of £15.
9. Changes by You Once a booking has been confirmed by us, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced then, if we accept this change, an administration fee of £20.00 incl. VAT will be charged. Up to 8 weeks before your holiday start date you may change your accommodation to another one at the same park as your original booking and within the same calendar year, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you) at any time providing that you pay the administration fee and any outstanding balance. Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
We DO NOT accept liability for injury, loss or damage suffered by any member of the party.
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance to cover accidents, losses, cancellation etc. These policies are available quite cheaply from most insurance providers.
Cancellation by You
It may be necessary to cancel your holiday due to illness, accident or change of circumstances. If you have taken out our cancellation plan, payments arising from cancellation may be covered as detailed below.
As soon as you know you need to cancel, you must confirm the cancellation by writing to our Customer Services Team via email to email@example.com
The email must be signed (where possible) by the person who made the booking or their travel agent. If you have not taken out our cancellation plan, cancellation charges are calculated as per the table below.
If you have not arrived by 8am on the morning after your break was due to commence or contacted the Holiday home owner/Holiday park concerned to confirm when you will arrive, we will assume that the break is cancelled and the total holiday cost including the Cancellation Plan, fees and postal charge will be forfeited.
Length of time Cancellation charge – no cancellation protection plan:
70 days or more - Spectrum Holidays will retain your deposit.
43-69 days - Spectrum Holidays will retain 30% of holiday cost or deposit, whichever is greater.
29-42 days - Spectrum Holidays will retain 50% of holiday cost.
15-28 days - Spectrum Holidays will retain 90% of holiday cost.
14 days or less - Spectrum Holidays will retain 100% of holiday cost.
Spectrum Cancellation Protection Plan
When making a booking you will be offered the option to take out our Spectrum Cancellation Protection Plan which covers you and your holiday party.
Our Spectrum Cancellation Protection Plan covers you should you, or any other member of your party, be forced to cancel your holiday because of sickness, bereavement, redundancy or jury service.
£30.00 per booking
We will need written proof of your cancellation; this will need to be as follows: Sickness – Doctors Certificate
Redundancy – Formal notification
Jury Service – Court notification
Bereavement – Death Certificate
Customers covered by our Spectrum Cancellation Plan and complying with these conditions will be entitled to the following:
70 days or more before the holiday start date – All monies paid minus deposit and cancellation plan fee.
29 - 69 days before the holiday start date – 75% of holiday cost minus cancellation plan fee (25% of monies paid or £100 original deposit will be retained whichever is greater).
15 – 28 days or less before the holiday start date – 50% of holiday cost minus cancellation fee.
If you cancel your holiday within 14 days of arrival date no refund will be given.
Please note: Our cancellation scheme covers you until you arrive on site after which refunds cannot be given if for any reason you decide you leave early. You may wish to take out your own holiday insurance to cover this. Completion of our Cancellation Form and Proof will be required, by recorded delivery prior to the confirmed start date of your holiday. Please see the cancellation plan for details on how to request a refund under the plan.
If the Spectrum Cancellation Plan is not taken out at the time of booking, we recommend you make your own arrangements. Please note the sliding scale of monies payable, under Conditions of Booking, should you not participate in the Cancellation Plan.
If we change or cancel your booking
As a responsible operator, our aim is to provide all the services, facilities as described on our website. Should it be necessary for us to make any major changes to your booking, or in exceptional circumstances cancel your booking, we will endeavour to advise you, and provide the following options:
a) A replacement holiday comparable or superior to the one booked or
b) A replacement holiday together with the difference in price between the replacement holiday and the holiday booked or
c) A full refund.