Accessibility Statemnet for Garden Bench
accessible self catering accommodation. The bungalow has complete level access through a private
drive with private off street parking.
information about local amenities.
• Enquiries are welcome by email, phone or post.
• Booking confirmation is by completed booking form, online or returned by post. The Booking
Form and Terms and Conditions can be supplied in a large font if required.
• Guests will receive directions a welcome letter and their key code once the final payment
has been received. These can be supplied in a large font if required.
• Nearest shop is about ¼ mile by car or foot.
• Nearest town is Lymington approximately two miles away.
• The nearest railway station is at Lymington. The nearest mainline (London Waterloo) railway
station is at Brockenhurst, which has a lift to all platforms.
• There is a bus stop outside the cottages on Lodge Road.
• Accessible Taxis require booking, we have included details on our web site.
front of the property, we recommend you park there, you are almost at the front door,
which is on the side of the property.
• Access to the cottage is by a coded key safe, where you will find your key. Guests are
notified of their code in advance. The coded key safe is next to the conservatory on the wall,
just by the gates.
• The owners, or their representative, are normally available via a phone call to assist with any
enquiries, and they will try and look in during your stay.
• Information is provided with details of local services and user information for the equipment
within the cottage.
with outdoor furniture and a small open front garden. Both areas are lawned.
• A small garage is available for charging scooters and power chairs. This is not suitable for
your car – as it also contains a tumble drier, worktop area and additional firewood.
• The rubbish bin, compost bins and recycling notice is on the gravel area to the rear of the
• The bungalow backs on to a sports field where the occasional cricket and football matches
• The outside door has a clear access of 780 mm (30½ inches) and all internal doors are 870
mm (34 inches).
• All lights and plugs are situated in an easy reach position.
• The floor is laid to short pile carpet with gripped vinyl flooring in the Wet room and Kitchen
• The master bedroom has a chest of drawers, suitcase holder and bedside tables.
o There are 2 beds. A standard electric foot and head riser beds which is 560mm (22"
high) and one profiling / carers bed, which is height adjustable. This bed has
adjustable bed rails fitted which you can raise or lower to suit, they can also be
removed at your own risk.
o There is a ceiling hoist provided which moves across the profiling bed, it is a
Westholme transActive hoist, with a two point spreader bar. It is suitable for up to
• The second bedroom has a wardrobe, chest of drawers, firm chair and bedside tables and
o It has two standard electric foot and head riser beds. Beds are 560mm (22" high).
580 mm (23 inches high) These beds can be pushed together to make a large king
size bed on request.
o There is a 3rd bed is this room – a standard single bed.
• All beds have comfortable memory form mattresses, designed to relieve pressure sores, and
to move with the beds – they are supplied with duvets and pillows and are made ready for
your arrival. Note: duvets are non-feather, linen is cotton or polycotton. All beds have a
recommended maximum weight of 21 stone (133kg).
Shower-room / Wet Room / WC
• The toilet has drop down hand rails either side and space for lateral transfer. Hand rail
height 735mm (29 inches)
• The toilet is a standard height toilet - 420mm high (16.5 inches). A separate raised toilet seat
(with and without a frame) is available and can be found in the garage if required.
• The wash hand basin is on a gas cylinder which means it can be raised or lowered into a
comfortable position for washing.
• Open plan kitchen / lounge dining area
• The open plan lounge and dining area has plenty of turning space with an electric
riser/recliner chair and two 2-seater settees.
• There is a wood burner. A small amount of wood is provided. Please ensure that you do your
own risk assessment before using the fire as no fire guard is provided. We ask that you
ensure the fire is out before leaving the premises. • Wall mounted flat screen television with DVD player and a remote control.
• To allow maximum turning space the dining table and chairs are folding with the chairs
• The open plan fitted kitchen has lowered work surface at the hob and sink with wheel in
open space under. Dual height worktops - 920 mm (36 inches) and 795 mm (31 inches)
• The electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge are all easily accessed.
• Plates, cutlery, glassware and cooking equipment is provided for 6 guests.
• Our cottages have thermostatically controlled central heating.
• Our cottages have their own washing machine in the cottage – a tumble dryer is available in
the garage along with plugs to charge mobility scooters etc.
• On the patio outside water tap.
• The conversion has been carried out in line with the appropriate Building Regulations
covering such items as suitability.
• The cottage has sensor operated external lighting by its entrance.
• The cottage has smoke detectors/alarms, and suitable fire extinguishers/blankets.
• External doors in all cottages can be opened from the inside – they are only locked with the
• There is no land line in the Cottage and we recommend you bring a mobile phone with you,
Wifi is included and you will find the password in the welcome guide.
• We are completely non-smoking and ask that you refrain from smoking in the grounds.
• Garden Bench can offer guests a range of accessible equipment to make each stay more
comfortable and enjoyable if required, from portable hoists (bring own sling) to wheelchairs,
and shower chairs. Details are available on our web site and must be booked in advance of
For your safety
• Our beds and the electric riser/recliner chair can only take a maximum of 21 stone (133kg) in
weight and the optional electric midi hoist 18 stone (114kg), if you need reinforced beds,
chairs etc – then we are sorry, but we are unable to accommodate you at this time